Human Resources Policies
HR66 Change of Legal Name of an Employee
Policy Status:Under Review>
Policy Steward:Vice President for Human Resources>
POLICY'S INITIAL DATE: November 15, 1968
THIS VERSION EFFECTIVE: September 14, 1983
NOTE: The implementation of SIMBA requires the review of many University Human Resource Policies and Guidelines. After consultation with key constituencies, work has been underway to update, consolidate, and improve our policies and guidelines to better serve the Penn State community. However, please be aware that due to the volume of the impacted policies and guidelines, not all policies are currently updated to reflect changes which have been communicated; however, the policies will be updated soon and have appropriate and applicable effective dates listed. We appreciate your patience as we work through this review process. Any questions can be directed to HR Services at 814-865-1473 or submit an inquiry via WorkLion.
To notify appropriate University departments of an employee's change of name.
For an employee to change his or her name, it is necessary to obtain and complete the following forms:
- Request for Change of Beneficiary and/or Change of Name (Group Insurance).
- Employee's Withholding Allowance Certificate (Form W-4).
- Approval Authorization Cards (when applicable). (See instructions)
- Parking Registration Form (form available from Parking Chairpersons)
- Payroll Change Forms. (IBIS form - see instructions)
The following forms may be completed to initiate certain changes that the employee may desire due to a name change:
- Voluntary Group Accident Insurance Enrollment Form.
Univ Park: OHR-Employee Benefits Div, 865-1473
Hershey: OHR-Hershey, replenished by OHR-Univ Park
Commonwealth Campuses, Erie-The Behrend College & Harrisburg: Dir of Business Serv, replenished by OHR Employee Benefits Div.
- Nomination of Beneficiaries (State Retirement).
Available from Office of Human Resources - Employee Benefits Division, 865-1473. (see instructions)
Date Approved:September 14, 1983>
Date Published:September 14, 1983>